2 a public room (as in a hotel or airport) with seating where people can wait [syn: waiting room, waiting area]
1 sit or recline comfortably; "He was lounging on the sofa"
2 be about; "The high school students like to loiter in the Central Square"; "Who is this man that is hanging around the department?" [syn: loiter, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around]
- SAMPA: /laUndZ/
- A waiting room in an office, airport etc.
- A domestic living room.
- An establishment, similar to a bar, that serves alcohol and you are able to sit comfortably as music is being played softly in the background and/or a television program is being displayed .
- A large comfortable seat for 2.5 people or more, a sofa or couch. Also a lounge chair
- Spanish: sala de espera
- Spanish: sala de estar, estancia
- To relax as if in a lounge.
Lounge may refer to:
- Airline lounge, private waiting area offered by airlines to special customers or to those who pay an extra fee
- Lounge room, room for entertaining guests, reading, watching TV or other activities
- Lounge, a public waiting area provided with seating as in a hotel
- Bar section of a restaurant, typically with unreserved seating
- Traditional Restroom of a public building (such as a theater) which includes seating as well as lavatory facilities
- Austin Lounge Lizards, band from Austin, Texas formed in 1980
- Lounge Act, a song by the 1990s grunge band Nirvana
- Lounge music, a type of easy-listening music
- Lounge singer, singers in the lounges and bars of hotels and casinos, or at standalone piano bars
- The Lounge Lizards, jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie
In other fields:
- Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, computer game which was released in 1987
- Lounge car, railroad car where riders can purchase food and drinks
- Lounge suit another name for a business suit
- Lounging, the name of several things
lounge in French: Lounge
lounge in Japanese: ラウンジ
lounge in Dutch: Lounge
antechamber, anteroom, audience chamber, bar, barroom, bed, bed down, bum, bum around, cocktail lounge, couch, crawl, curl up, dally, divan, do nothing, drift, drinkery, foyer, front room, go to bed, go to rest, goldbrick, goof off, greenroom, grovel, hang around, idle, languish, lay, laze, lazy, lie, lie around, lie down, lie flat, lie limply, lie prone, lie prostrate, loaf, lobby, loiter, loiter about, loll, loll around, lollop around, lounge around, mooch around, moon, moon around, parlor, pothouse, presence chamber, pub, reception room, recline, repose, rest, salon, saloon, saloon bar, settee, settle, settle to rest, side room, sit around, slack, slouch, slouch around, snug down, sofa, sprawl, stand around, studio couch, take it easy, take life easy, tap, taproom, tete-a-tete, throne room, vegetate, vestibule, waiting room, wardroom